Campbell’s, eat your heart out.
I used to eat total junk. No hiding, no shame. Plenty of us have been there before.
I hardly touched vegetables, so I’m sure my parents were over the moon when I took a liking to asparagus soup. She’s eating a vegetable!!!!!
It was one of my favourite foods. Creamy, asparagus-y… amazing. Of course, it had to be that cream of asparagus soup. A good old tin of Campbell’s. Usually microwaved (don’t worry, I took it out of the tin first…)
I haven’t had cream of asparagus soup in aaaaaaages. Obviously the tinned stuff is just not good news. And it always seemed like something that would be really fiddly to make.
Don’t even worry about it. You can have perfectly smooth, perfectly healthy, perfectly delicious (perfectly perfect?) Cream of Asparagus soup in just over 20 minutes with just one bowl to wash.
And an added bonus? My son, who loves most foods, actually hates asparagus. Asparagus and bok choy are his arch nemeses. But his verdict on this soup? “Mama, this is delicious. So good. Can you make this all the time?”
- 1 onion, peeled & halved
- 50g butter
- 500g asparagus (approx. 4 bunches, trimmed), roughly chopped
- 400g beef/chicken bone broth (or water)
- 2 tsp TM stock concentrate
- 60g raw cream, or 100g pouring cream
- Place onion in Thermomix bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 5.
- Add butter and cook for 5 minutes, Varoma, speed 1 (with MC off).
- Add asparagus and chop for 15-20 seconds on speed 6, using spatula through hole in lid when necessary.
- Add broth (or water) and stock concentrate. Cook for 15 minutes, on 100 degrees, speed 2.
- Add cream and blend on speed 9 for 1 minute.
This recipe makes three servings. There is still room in the TM bowl to do 1.5 or possibly even 2 times this recipe – I haven’t tested that yet!