…or facebook page of Homemade, Healthy, Happy!
Just a little round-up of things I posted over on the other side of the internet for you all this week.
(By the way… when I hear or use the term ’round-up’, it seems to inspire this country-barn-dance kind of image in my head. I don’t know? But now you’ll have a barn dance in your head whenever you hear that term too. You’re welcome.)
Big Important Personal Shtuff:
- I had uni exams! Done for the semester, woohooo! Good luck to all those still in exam madness.
- I started a second job! I’m going to be teaching cheesemaking workshops at The Cheesemaking Workshop in Northbridge, Sydney. Sooooo exciiiiited. You should book in for one of my workshops and make silly faces to me from up the back, so I’m not so nervous. Do it!
Info Posts I shared:
- Ten benefits of cooking with kids, by Yummy Inspirations
- An amaaaazing info graphic on what Real Foods is, by Healthy Roots, Happy Soul
- Why Gelatin should be your new best friend, by Eat Play Love More
- And my favourite brand of gelatin (affiliate)
- Liver, the why’s and the how’s, by Minivan Maverick
- My favourite food book (affiliate)
- Why you don’t reeeeally need to be concerned about salmonella in home-laid or good quality eggs, by The Urban Ecolife
- How to peel Chicken feet, by Kitchen Stewardship
- Why juice fasts are ridiculous
- Easiest way to clean bottles too small for a brush, by Health Starts in the Kitchen
- Why you should join the 10pm bedtime club, by Heal Thyself
- Three weeks of oil pulling, by Yummy Inspirations
- Two Ingredient Halva cookies, by Paleo Diet Basics
- Grain-free Waffles by Food Renegade
- A recipe of sorts for a natural solution to frizzy hair, by Attainable Sustainable
- A lemon, salt & pepper cough cure, by Matthew’s Puzzle
- Probiotic Ranch dressing, by Natural Family Today
- How and why to ferment french fries, by Intentionally Domestic
- Apple cider honey caramels, by The Nerdy Farm Wife
Recipes from my blog:
- Simple Summer Thermomix Salads podcast by The 4 Blades, featuring my mayo recipe!
- An amazing school canteen initiative, which I found over at Feeding Two Growing Boys
- A letter to mothers who can’t afford organic food, by The Humbled Homemaker – no guilt, you’re doing an amazing job simply because you love your kids and that’s the most important thing.
- Incredible plans by Wholesome Mommy to feed her family real food on a food stamps budget, and share the experience with everyone!
- A video where you get to see INSIDE a Thermomix!
- Real food search portal on Granny’s Vital Vittles (like a google search, without the cr#p
- Why McDonald’s is unpopular with 19-30 yr olds, at Food Renegade
- Robot vacuum cleaners (affiliate) and my readers’ opinions on them
- This super cool egg rack (affiliate) and pictures of my readers’ chooks!
- The insane school that fed kids Ritz Crackers and charged the parents $5 per child for it, all because the parents packed an awesome, real food lunchbox with no grains. Check out the picture here, the post over at Weighty Matters
And a funny little meme to finish things off, because this IS the internet after all: